The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- Employment Opportunity for Park Administrator (10/6/2017) - BNT has an Employment Opportunity for Park Administrator for the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park. Primary Responsibilities include providing to day and long term management of Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park and enforcing the rules and regulations within the park. To apply, please send resume and cover letter by October 13th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abaco Marine Parks Management Plan 2017 Call For Review (10/2/2017) - The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) in collaboration with Friends of the Environment, have been closely working with local stakeholders and partners for the development of a management plan for the Abaco Marine Parks. The management plan covers four (4) marine parks, under the mandate of the Bahamas National Trust; Pelican Cays Land & Sea Park, Fowl Cays National Park, Black Sound Cay National Reserve, and Walker’s Cay National Park.
- The Bahama Oriole – Fewer Than 300 Left In The World And All On Andros (5/15/2017) - The Bahamas National Trust is collaborating with the Omland Lab at the University of Maryland to determine nesting habitat for the Bahama Oriole on Andros - where fewer than 300 of these rare birds are thought to live.
- BNT Elects New Officers (5/5/2017) - The Bahamas National Trust held its Annual General Meeting and Spring Council April 27 -29 to elect the Council and Officers for the year and discuss the business of the BNT.
- Shedd Aquarium Partners With The Bahamas National Trust To Study Vital Fishery (2/9/2017) - Shedd Aquarium has teamed up with the Bahamas National Trust (BNT) as part of a group of conservation organizations (collectively known as partners in “conchservation”) studying queen conch, Lobatus gigas, in The Bahamas to understand why local populations are in decline.