The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Shedd Aquarium Partners With The Bahamas National Trust To Study Vital Fishery (2/9/2017) - Shedd Aquarium has teamed up with the Bahamas National Trust (BNT) as part of a group of conservation organizations (collectively known as partners in “conchservation”) studying queen conch, Lobatus gigas, in The Bahamas to understand why local populations are in decline.
- Basil Smith Joins The Association Of Bahamas Marinas (1/23/2017) - Veteran tourism consultant, Basil H. Smith is to become be the new executive director of the Association of Bahamas Marinas (ABM), taking over from marketing consultant, Bob Bower, who has served as executive director of the association for the past two years.
- New Insect Species Discovered at Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve on Eleuthera (1/9/2017) - A new species of insect has been discovered at the Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve in Governor’s Harbour, The Bahamas National Trust’s (BNT) first national park on Eleuthera. The insect is a katydid and belongs to the same group as grasshoppers and crickets in the order Orthoptera.
- BNT Seeks Co-Management Policy Analyst (12/1/2016) - The Nature Conservancy, The BNT, and BREEF are jointly executing a project to advance the expansion and effective management of the Marine Protected Area Network of The Bahamas. The BNT is seeking to contract a Co-Management Policy Analyst, to provide direct support to the BNT for the development of a Bahamas National Protected Area System Comanagement Framework.
- BNT Statement on Proposal for Chinese Funding for Investment in Bahamian Fishing Industry (11/5/2016) - Chinese Ambassador Paul Gomez spoke briefly with Eric Carey (Executive Director of the BNT) and a representative of the Bahamas Reef Environment and Education Foundation (BREEF) about a proposal to allow Chinese investment in the Bahamian fishing industry.