Research Permit Application
Interested in conducting scientific research, conservation work, or collecting within a BNT managed park?
Just follow these 4 steps:
Send your permits from the Bahamas Environment Science and Technology Commission (BEST) for all academic research, and/or from the Department of Marine Resources (DMR) for all marine-related research, to firstname.lastname@example.org
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
Complete the application form below only if you are conducting research within BNT’s National Parks
Pay a BNT research permit processing fee of $75
If you require the export of any specimen (CITES or not) please contact the Department of Agriculture
Email or fax, your BEST application/permit to: Luceta Hanna – email@example.com
NP, The Bahamas
And an Export Specimen Form will be sent to you.
If you are exporting a CITES restricted species you will also need to fill out the form below and fax it to the attention of Linda Curtis
1. The procedures of the permitting processes can change periodically. It is recommended to check in with the relevant agencies about any changes to procedures.
2. All research equipment and materials brought into the country need to be listed in the B.E.S.T. permit for exemption, otherwise, they will be subject to taxes.
3. When exporting specimens, also remember to acquire the appropriate import permits from the relevant country.
4. Any intention of bioprospecting must be clearly stated on your application form.
5. Recurring research with BNT-managed national parks will need new applications processed, however, a reference to previous application forms and permits can reduce the amount of information needed.
6. Refusal to comply with the documentation requirements may be result in the refusal to conduct research within BNT managed parks, or in The Bahamas in the future.
+1 242 393 1317
Bay Street Business Centre, Bay Street, Nassau, New Providence.