Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve
The Bahamas National Trust & The Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve are accepting applications from qualified college-level Bahamian students for three (3) internships for May 24th – July 5th, 2023. The internship is for six (6) weeks at forty (40) hours per week at the Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve in Governor’s Harbour, Eleuthera.
This six-week university-level course focuses on Plant Taxonomy and the Flora of the Bahamas. Emphasis is placed on learning the main plant families, common species, and the plant communities. Additional focus is on learning the endemics and their distributions. This year’s program includes a one-week site visit with the Natural Areas Conservancy in New York City for additional scientific training and collaboration.
- Six-Week Course in Governor’s Harbour, Eleuthera
- (3) Internship Positions Available
- One Week Site Visit to New York City
- All Travel Expenses, Including Room & Board Covered
- Background or Previous Coursework in Botany
- Past Travel to a Family Island
- Desire for Field Experience
- Availability for the Full 6 Weeks