The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- June 2
- 2018 Annual Report (5/14/2019) - Members, donors, supporters, we call the folks that make what we do possible a few names. But regardless of the name, we wouldn’t exist without your passion, dedication, and generosity. See what you’ve accomplished this past year in our annual report.
- Atlantis Event Puts Spotlight on Endangered Sawfish (5/2/2019) - Nassau. April 30, 2019. Government officials, conservationists, and researchers gathered Friday at Atlantis to focus attention on the Smalltooth Sawfish, a Critically Endangered species of shark-like ray that is native to The Bahamas. The “Sawfish Soiree” — hosted April 26 by Atlantis, Bahamas National Trust, and the Initiative to Save Caribbean Sawfish – drew […]
- BNT Statement on the Recent Carnival Cruise Lines Ocean Pollution. (4/29/2019) - April 23rd, 2019 The BNT is aware from recent media reports that Carnival Cruise Lines pled guilty in 2016 to serious ocean pollution charges. We also note the reports that they are also in violation of some of their probation conditions. As a defender of the Oceans, and the environment more generally, the BNT is […]
- BNT Comments on Proposed South Abaco Development (4/29/2019) -
- Bahamas National Trust Celebrated Earth Day with National Park Day on 7 Islands in 10 Parks on One Day. (4/29/2019) - 7 Islands, 10 Parks, One Unforgettable Day. On Saturday, April 27th, The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) commemorated Earth Day with its 2nd Annual National Park Day, a celebration across the country! National Park Day hosted exciting activities in 10 National Parks on 7 islands. Residents on Grand Bahama, Abaco, Andros, New Providence, Eleuthera, the […]