The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- AWARDS Christopher Johnson Wins National Park Photo Contest 2019 (10/10/2019) - Pictured from left to right: Lynn Gape, BNT Deputy Executive Director; Geoffrey Andrews, BNT President, Christopher Johnson, BNT National Park Photo Contest Winner 2019, Gabriella Suighi, CBC Bahamas Marketing Manager; Eric Carey, BNT Executive Director. Congratulations to Christopher Johnson, the winner of our 2019 Capture Your National Park Photo Contest! Christopher’s stunning photo of a Bahama […]
- NETWORKING Partnering to Survey For Terrestrial (10/10/2019) - Taken By: Christopher Johnson Photo of a Bahama Yellowthroat BNT National Park Photo Contest Winner 2019 BNT joins forces with Birds Caribbean, National Audubon, and other partners to put together a comprehensive terrestrial team. The BNT will be working with Birds Caribbean, National Audubon, and other partners to put together a comprehensive terrestrial […]
- REVIEW Marine Surveys To Come (10/10/2019) - An event like Hurricane Dorian presents an excellent opportunity to truly study the impacts and potential for recovery after such extreme events. Surveys are being conducted in three main phases. Once this is done, the information will include follow-up assessments, evaluation of restoration activities, reporting of additional restoration activities and their execution and collecting media […]
- EVALUATIONS Scientific Assessments Underway (10/10/2019) - The Trust, along with its partners, began mobilizing teams of local and international scientists, to conduct assessments of the marine and terrestrial environments on Grand Bahama and Abaco in the wake of mega-storm Dorian. The BNT is conducting comprehensive assessments to determine the impact of Dorian on severely damaging plant life, altering the coast line, […]
- MORE DEVASTATION Abaco National Parks (10/10/2019) - Infrastructure in the Abaco National Parks was small in scale. BNT Chief Warden David Knowles has traveled to Abaco to begin conducting the preliminary assessments to the small scale infrastructure in the parks (signage, gazebos and moorings). BNT would have lost most of the contents in the office we rented in Marsh Harbour. A […]