The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- March 7 @ 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Moore Bahamas Foundation Announces $300,000 in Grants for Hurricane Dorian Relief (12/18/2019) - New grants are part of conservation philanthropist Louis Bacon’s million-dollar commitment to humanitarian relief and environmental and economic recovery in The Bahamas NASSAU, The Bahamas (December 18, 2019) – The Moore Bahamas Foundation (“Moore Bahamas”) today announced $300,000 in new grants for Hurricane Dorian relief and recovery, part of $1 million in support pledged by conservation philanthropist Louis Bacon. The new […]
- Press Release: BNT Welcomes New Environmental Legislation (11/28/2019) - The Bahamas National Trust welcomes the passing of environmental bills in Parliament in the past week, coming at a time when “the global environment is at stake”. We congratulate Environment and Housing Minister Romauld Ferreira, and the government for this bold, progressive legislative step. Executive Director of the Bahamas National Trust Eric Carey said that […]
- BNT Continues to Monitor Equinor Clean-Up (11/4/2019) - November 3rd, 2019 Press Release: BNT Continues to Monitor Equinor Clean-Up Two months after Hurricane Dorian impacted the islands of Abaco and Grand Bahama, Equinor (formerly Statoil) continues its efforts in cleaning up the onshore oil spill at its South Riding Point terminal in The Bahamas, which was damaged by Hurricane Dorian. 1.8 million […]
- AWARDS Christopher Johnson Wins National Park Photo Contest 2019 (10/10/2019) - Pictured from left to right: Lynn Gape, BNT Deputy Executive Director; Geoffrey Andrews, BNT President, Christopher Johnson, BNT National Park Photo Contest Winner 2019, Gabriella Suighi, CBC Bahamas Marketing Manager; Eric Carey, BNT Executive Director. Congratulations to Christopher Johnson, the winner of our 2019 Capture Your National Park Photo Contest! Christopher’s stunning photo of a Bahama […]
- NETWORKING Partnering to Survey For Terrestrial (10/10/2019) - Taken By: Christopher Johnson Photo of a Bahama Yellowthroat BNT National Park Photo Contest Winner 2019 BNT joins forces with Birds Caribbean, National Audubon, and other partners to put together a comprehensive terrestrial team. The BNT will be working with Birds Caribbean, National Audubon, and other partners to put together a comprehensive terrestrial […]