The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Aggressive Bee Attacks within the East Grand Bahama Area (7/1/2019) - PRESS RELEASE The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) is alerting the general public about aggressive bee attacks within the East Grand Bahama area. The BNT recently had a team of three (3) scheduled to conduct bird surveys in the vicinity of East Grand Bahama from 7th – 15th June. On June 12th, the team was on […]
- PRESS RELEASE: Deepest condolences to the family and friends impacted by fatal shark attack on Rose Island (6/28/2019) - 6/27/2019 PRESS RELEASE: Deepest condolences to the family and friends impacted by fatal shark attack on Rose Island. The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) was deeply saddened to learn of the recent shark incident which resulted in death of a visitor snorkeling off Rose Island. We extend our deepest condolences to the family on their […]
- BNT Outraged at Continued Cruise Lines Dumping (6/4/2019) - The Bahamas National Trust joins many other Bahamians and Bahamian NGOs in expressing concern and outrage at the continued problem of cruise ship dumping in our waters. “The Bahamas is recognized globally for its efforts to protect the marine environment. We have created one of the most impressive national park systems in our region, including […]
- 2018 Annual Report (5/14/2019) - Members, donors, supporters, we call the folks that make what we do possible a few names. But regardless of the name, we wouldn’t exist without your passion, dedication, and generosity. See what you’ve accomplished this past year in our annual report.
- Atlantis Event Puts Spotlight on Endangered Sawfish (5/2/2019) - Nassau. April 30, 2019. Government officials, conservationists, and researchers gathered Friday at Atlantis to focus attention on the Smalltooth Sawfish, a Critically Endangered species of shark-like ray that is native to The Bahamas. The “Sawfish Soiree” — hosted April 26 by Atlantis, Bahamas National Trust, and the Initiative to Save Caribbean Sawfish – drew […]