The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- April 26 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve Application for Summer 2018 Internship (3/20/2018) - The Bahamas National Trust & Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve are accepting applications from qualified collet-level Bahamian students for three (3) internships for Summer 2018. The internship is for eight (8) weeks at forty (40) hours per week at the Leon Levy Plant Preserve in Governor’s Harbour, Eleuthera.
- NOTICE: Park Open Hours and Horticulture Show and Sale (2/2/2018) - The Retreat will be closed Friday, February 2nd, 2018. There will be free entrance to the park tomorrow, February 3rd, 2018 adn a Plant Horticulture show and sale that day at the Retreat.
- Employment Opportunity for Park Administrator (10/6/2017) - BNT has an Employment Opportunity for Park Administrator for the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park. Primary Responsibilities include providing to day and long term management of Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park and enforcing the rules and regulations within the park. To apply, please send resume and cover letter by October 13th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abaco Marine Parks Management Plan 2017 Call For Review (10/2/2017) - The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) in collaboration with Friends of the Environment, have been closely working with local stakeholders and partners for the development of a management plan for the Abaco Marine Parks. The management plan covers four (4) marine parks, under the mandate of the Bahamas National Trust; Pelican Cays Land & Sea Park, Fowl Cays National Park, Black Sound Cay National Reserve, and Walker’s Cay National Park.
- San Salvador Management Plan 2017 Call For Review (7/8/2017) - The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) in collaboration with the San Salvador Living Jewels Foundation, have been closely working with local stakeholders and partners for the development of a management plan for the San Salvador National Parks.