The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
- July 16 - July 20
- BNT’S ECO CAMP Celebrates 10 Years (7/13/2018) - THE Bahamas National Trust is celebrating ten years of facilitating a nature and environmental awareness camp for local youth. In a press release, the BNT revealed that in the span of one decade, 300 teenagers have partaken in Eco Camp – an annual summer expedition hosted by the non-profit organization. Eco Camp launched in 2008 […]
- Foreign Fishermen Fined for Fishing in the Exuma Park (7/11/2018) - On Monday July 9th, Assistant Chief Magistrate Subusola Swain in Court #8, fined five persons from Puerto Rico, $2500 each after they pleaded guilty to fishing in the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park (ECLSP). The park is a “no take” marine protected area. While delivering her sentence, the magistrate scolded the defendants, telling them […]
- Sportfishing vessel caught fishing illegally in Exuma Cays Land & Sea Park (7/9/2018) - Warderick Wells, Exuma Cays – A foreign flagged Sportfishing Vessel was observed actively fishing within the boundary of the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park. On July 6th, at approximately 1300 hrs, a joint patrol team consisting of an ECLSP Park Warden and Royal Bahamas Defence Force Marine spotted and intercepted a 63’ Sportfisher approximately […]
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park to Benefit Silver Fox Fishing Tournament (6/19/2018) - Nassau, The Bahamas – The Silver Fox Fishing Tournament has contributed $11,700.00 to The Bahamas National Trust, Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park’s (ECLSP) operating efforts. Held in honor of the late Collin Callender, over eighty anglers gathered with Jason Callender and his family to honor his father Colin’s ’s memory and support The Bahamas […]
- Bahamas Poker Run Introduces Over 400 Boaters to the Exuma Cays Land & Sea Park (6/13/2018) - Press Release FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Bahamas Poker Run Introduces Over 400 Boaters to the Exuma Cays Land & Sea Park. June 8, 2018- Nassau, Bahamas: The Bahamas Poker Run co-founders, Jordan Lampkin and Shane Freedman, have concluded that by all accounts the 2018 Third Annual edition was a huge success. Announced on Thursday, June 7th […]