The Bahamas National Trust is a
non-profit organisation in The Bahamas that
manages the country’s national parks.
Explore Our Parks
Support The Trust
Our mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas, through stewardship and education for present and future generations. While the financial support of members is needed and deeply appreciated, the active involvement of our members is critical to the continued success of our work. Learn more about how you can get involved and support the mission.
News & Events
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- Bird guide training takes wing on Long Island and San Salvador!! (12/10/2018) - The IDB and the BNT have once again teamed up to the train residents on Long island and San Salvador as bird guides. Led by The Bahamas National Trust and in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism (MOT), the training commenced in October with a total of 21 participants from both islands participating in theory […]
- Moriah Harbour Cay National Park – Management Plan Draft (Call For Review) (9/4/2018) - The Bahamas National Trust, in collaboration with community members in Exuma, The Nature Conservancy, The Exuma Foundation and Elizabeth Harbour Conservation Partnership, have finalized a draft management plan for Moriah Harbour Cay National Park through funding from the Bahamas Protected Project.
- BNT and Bahamian Fishermen Satisfied with Landmark Ruling (8/20/2018) - BNT Press Release: Poaching Convictions – August 15, 2018 The Bahamas National Trust joins Bahamian fishermen who have expressed satisfaction with a recent landmark ruling by magistrate Cara Turnquest when she levied massive fines on recently convicted foreign poachers caught fishing illegally in Bahamian Waters. The Bahamas National Trust as the manager of the national […]
- BNT Reaffirms Support to Protect Lighthouse Point (8/9/2018) - Press Release Lighthouse Point August 9, 2018 The BNT Council in April of 2013 approved a resolution to support efforts of the One Eleuthera Foundation and the Eleuthera Land Conservancy to protect Lighthouse Point from “unsustainable development”. The Bahamas National Trust wishes to go on record to confirm that we remain opposed to unsustainable development […]
- BNT Brings Home the Gold for Sharks! (7/30/2018) - The Bahamas National Trust (BNT) is beaming with pride after being selected for a major donation as part of the Discovery Channel’s exciting show “Shark Tank Meets Shark Week” which aired last night on the Discovery Channel. The Sharks – tough, self-made, multi-millionaire and billionaire tycoons, search to invest in the best businesses and products […]