Summer fun! Learning about the sun, sand, and sea…
School may be out for the summer, but there is still so much fun to be had with The Bahamas National Trust!
Every summer we dedicate two summer camps to our youth! Utilizing national parks as an outdoor classroom to expose Bahamian youth to the beauty and complexity of Bahamian ecosystems.
Click on the registration form below to sign up for a camp!
Summer Safari Camp
ONE CAMP, FIVE ISLANDS
From snorkelling coral reefs, mangroves and seagrass beds, to exploring cool caves with stories to tell, Summer Safari campers receive a grand introduction to all the natural beauty of national parks and Bahamian ecosystems.
To ensure this exciting opportunity is available throughout The Bahamas, Summer Safari is currently held on five different islands (Grand Bahama, Abaco, New Providence, Andros and Eleuthera, respectively) with plans to extend the fun to more islands in the future.
Daily schedules include morning birdwatching walks, interactive classroom presentations, aquarium visits, arts and crafts, boat rides, daily reflections and planning for the informative closing event they will host to help raise environmental awareness.
Summer Safari campers experience a whirlwind of fun and leave with a love for national parks and the realisation that they are the future of the protection of Bahamian natural resources.
Registration for Summer Safari 2018 is currently open for New Providence, Grand Bahama and Abaco. Details for Eleuthera and Andros will be released shortly.
Stanyard Creek, Andros
Cooper’s Town, Abaco
Grand Bahama Summer Safari 2018 Registration Form
Freeport, Grand Bahama
New Providence Summer Safari 2018 Registration Form
Nassau, New Providence
Central Abaco Summer Safari 2018 Registration Form
Central Abaco Primary, Abaco
Eco Camp 2018
DISCONNECT TO RECONNECT
Through a competitive selection process, motivated young environmental leaders receive a full scholarship to attend an intense week-long summer camp on Andros Island.
Held at Forfar Field Station, a unique research hub that serves as a model for sustainable living, Eco Camp disconnects participants from the hustle and bustle of technology and other services one might take for granted and focuses their attention on natural resources, conservation, and sustainability.
Daily schedules include morning birdwatching walks, blue hole visits, interactive classroom presentations, boat rides to unique cays, snorkeling coral reefs and seagrass beds and brainstorm sessions to work collaboratively on both an Andros community outreach event and a community project for their home island.
Field trips to Blue Hole National Park to witness the majesty of blue holes for themselves as well as a night’s stay under the stars in the surrounding pine forest fosters an appreciative connection to the unique ecosystems and culture of Andros Island.
Eco Campers experience first-hand that sometimes, one must disconnect from the world, to reconnect with nature.
Application Terms, Conditions & Guidelines
The EcoCamp 2018 application consists of the completed application form (below) and a 2-minute video submission. Registration closes on May 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Your 2-minute video submission should include:
- 1. Your name, age, settlement/city and island;
- 2. Why you should be selected as an EcoCamp 2018 participant; and
- 3. What makes the National Parks on your island unique (if there are National Parks on your island) or Why the environment of your island is special and should be protected in future National Parks (if there are no National Parks currently on your island)
Only complete applications with both application form and video submission will be reviewed. Applications may be submitted:
- – Via email to email@example.com with subject “EcoCamp 2018 Application – Your Name, Your Island”
- – In person to the BNT Headquarters, Bay Street Business Center, East Bay Street, New Providence (with video on flash drive)
- – In person to your local island BNT Office (with video on flash drive)
- – One entry video per applicant
- – All entries must be submitted in standard video formats (.mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mov)
- – No professional assistance necessary; cell phone/digital camera videos welcomed
- – There are no application fees associated with EcoCamp
TIP: Don’t rush creating your video, check out BNT EcoCamp on Facebook regularly for information to assist in crafting your video submissions and fun tips on how to make your application stand out!
See you at EcoCamp 2018!