Employment Opportunity for Park Administrator
Primary Responsibilities: Provide day to day and long term management of Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park and enforce the rules and regulations within the park
Reports to: Director of Parks
- Serve as the Liaison between the ECLSP and the BNT headquarters in Nassau. Is responsible fore the overall supervision and oversight of all activities that occur in the Park.
- Assist with fundraising and public relations activities in the Park.
- Execute activities in General Management Plans, Strategic Plans and operation plans to achieve the goals of the Park and the BNT.
- Manage and maintain mooring buoy system in the park.
- Managing scheduling of volunteers to assist with the park needs
- Assist with marine patrols as needed
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills. Supervisory skills essential.
- Advanced degree in environmental science, administration or management required.
- Experience in handling boats in all weather conditions and advanced SCUBA certification and training a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with boat engines and generators an advantage.
- Knowledge with yachting/boating operations, including familiarity with VHF radio operations and protocols
- Willing to work under demanding conditions and in a remote location for extended periods of time.
A couple may also be suited for this posting as the other party may consider being engaged as the part time/back-up Park Office Manager. Working familiarity with Excel and strong people skills essential for the part-time office manager position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by October 13th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org