Capture Your National Park Photo Contest
The Bahamas National Trust is pleased to announce its 60th Anniversary National Park Photo Contest,
C A P T U R E Y O U R N A T I O N A L P A R K
As the BNT Celebrates 60 years of conservation success, we are seeking amazing photos of our 32 National Parks across the Bahamian archipelago.
- Share photos of your favorite activities and adventures in our national parks.
- Capture scenic vistas and sweeping landscapes: wetlands, forests, seashores, and beneath the blue sea.
- Take a walk on the wild side with photos of wildlife in our national parks.
- Share photos of friends and family exploring our natural landscapes.
Photo by P. Vazquez
Entries must be submitted by August 1st, 2019 by completing and submitting the contest online form available at www.bnt.bs. Photo entries should be sent to email@example.com . Photos must have a clear relation to the theme: CAPTURE YOUR NATIONAL PARK
$500 Courtesy of Coca Cola (or Caribbean Bottling Company) will be awarded to the People’s Choice for the most compelling and creative image.
There will be 13 finalist photographs featured in the BNT’s 2020 National Park Calendar with photo recognition to the photographer. The photographers/finalists will receive a 2 Year Complimentary BNT Membership and a BNT Environmental Champion Kit.
Contest winner and finalists will be published online on the BNT’s website ( www.bnt.bs) and social media.
- The Contest is open to all. Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of parent or guardian to enter the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of the parent or guardian.
- Participation in this contest is free of charge.
- Photos must be the original unaltered work of the entrant.
- Photos must be taken within the boundary of a national park.
- Photographers may enter up to 12 photos.
- Photos must be submitted in a jpeg format. Please try and ensure submitted photos are 2 MB or larger with high resolution (300 DPI) as the winning photos must work in print.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. By entering the competition, you give permission for the Bahamas National Trust to use your images in print and online in a non-commercial capacity.
- Do not alter or manipulate photos except for cropping, red eye removal, adjustment of contrast, brightness or saturation. Photo techniques such as stitched panoramic, HDR or long exposures are accepted. Alteration of the originally captured image should be subtle and nearly undetectable to the untrained eye.
- Entries with watermarks may be disqualified.
- Entries should show best practices for visiting national parks. Photographers and visitors are not allowed to harass wildlife or pick vegetation at any time. Touching or baiting wildlife is a form of harassment. Images containing illegal or prohibited activities will be disqualified. It Is the entrant’s responsibility to know and follow park regulations.
Photos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Artistic Competition
- Technical Quality
- Photographic Technique
All submitted images will be evaluated in a first round by members of the BNT Team. The Top 30 images will advance to a second round where they will be evaluated by the public. The overall winner and finalists will be chosen on the outcome of both voting rounds and announced on social media on August 22, 2019
Click here to download the registration form.*
*The registration form must be submitted along with photo submissions.
See below for a listing of National Parks by Island:
Tilloo Cay Reserve
Fowl Cays National Park
Abaco National Park
Walker’s Cay National Park
Black Sound Cay National Park
Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park
Blue Holes National Park
Crab Replenishment Reserve
Andros North Marine Park
Andros South Marine Park
West Side National Park
Conception Island National Park
Hope Great House
Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve
Exuma Cays Land & Sea Park
Moriah Harbour Cay National Park
Rand Nature Centre
Lucayan National Park
Peterson Cay National Park
Little Inagua National Park
Inagua National Park
Union Creek Reserve
Primeval Forest National Park
Bonefish Pond National Park
Harrold & Wilson’s Ponds National Park
Graham’s Harbour Iguana & Seabird National Park
West Coast Marine Park
Pigeon Creek & Snow Bay National Park
Southern Great Lake National Park