Research Permits

Research Permits

If you are looking to do research in The Bahamas you will need a research permit and depending upon your specific needs, you may need several permits.

If you are interested in conducting research within a BNT managed park you will need:

  1. To email your permits from the Bahamas Environment Science and Technology Commission (for terrestrial, coral, caves and blue holes related research) and/or from the Department of Marine Resources (for all marine related research) to;
  2. Fill out the Bahamas National Trust online application form below;
  3. Pay a research permit processing fee of $75; and
  4. If you require the export of any CITES-listed species please contact the Department of Agriculture.

Any queries please contact the BNT Science and Policy Department ( You will be contacted within five (5) days to confirm receipt of your application. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of your application.

Bahamas National Trust
The Retreat, Village Road
P. O. Box N-4105
NP, Bahamas
Tel: (242) 393-1317
Fax: (242) 393-4978

Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
NP, Bahamas
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238

DOWNLOAD: Research Application Form from the Department of Marine Resources

Bahamas Environment, Science and Technology Commission (BEST)
Charlotte House, 1st Floor
Charlotte & Shirley Streets
P.O. Box N-7132
NP, Bahamas

DOWNLOAD: Research Application Form from BEST

Department of Agriculture

Luceta Hanna –
Nassau, Bahamas
Tel: 242-397-7457
Fax: 242-325-3960

DOWNLOAD: CITES Application Form from the Department of Agriculture